Google is the search engine every business owner who owns a website wishes to rank well in. Of course, Google knows how wanted it is and sets certain standards for content, search engine optimization techniques, website designs, etc.
However, Google also helps out businesses that really work hard to reach the top. Its help comes in the form of the apps it has been developing and rolling out for quite a while now.
You are probably familiar with a few of these handy apps like Google+, Google Places and Google AdWords to name a few. You have probably been using these and the other apps to your advantage with your business and that is a great thing, but you have probably noticed some changes.
Yup! That is right, Google has rolled out a new application that basically consolidates all those other apps I mentioned and more, say hello to Google My Business.
If this is something completely new to you like this is your first time hearing about Google My Business, here are some facts about it that may make things clearer:
- Google My Business is known as a “platform for future development” according to a blog by Mike Blumenthal, especially for small and medium business enterprises.
- This is more of a dashboard update, which means you don’t need to worry about any significant changes in your Google+ Local or Google Maps accounts.
- It creates local business listings according to several different sources. These sources can include third party providers, verified business owner information, user edits, etc. If you have tried editing your Google My Business profile, you might have noticed Google asking you to enter a PIN. This PIN is sent to a phone number or an organization’s physical address to ensure that the profile or listings are being edited by an authorized person.
- The new Google My Business interface makes it easier and clearer to verify or create a listing. Its modern design also allows business owners to track their listings a lot better.
- You do not have to worry about any algorithm changes with this update. Like I said, Google My Business is more of a dashboard update that integrates existing Google apps most businesses use. The update has nothing to do with your local search engine optimization methods.
- In Google My Business, verification is of utmost importance! By simply verifying your account/s, you get to do a lot of activities that can significantly extend the reach of your brand/business. These activities include creating business reviews, uploading videos, writing a detailed description of your business, and more.
Hopefully you now have an idea of what Google My Business is about, but for you to really get to know it better, you have to use it! There is no need to worry because it is pretty simple to understand and like other new Google apps, it will take you on a helpful tour if it is your first time! Start creating a great Google My Business account to make good business!