The Safest Ways to Build Quality Links This 2014
Link building is NOT dead!
According to the most recent survey of Moz search engine ranking factors; SEO link building strategies are STILL the best and the most effective way to improve your website’s visibility on SERP.
Google’s own Matt Cutts confirmed this in an interview with Eric Enge.
“Links are still the best way for us to be discovered (how relevant or important somebody is) and maybe, over time, social media campaigns or the use of Google authorship or other types of markup will give us a lot more information about that.”
A statement like this makes you realize that theories claiming that “link building is dead” are not true. No one can really blame these theories; as Google’s Penguin promised to severely penalize websites using manipulative link building schemes.
Furthermore, saying that this is still the key to your site’s visibility in organic search has great impacts when it comes to strengthening your search engine optimization campaigns. But, remember, when it comes to link building, go for quality, not quantity.
Google will be rolling out more updates this year to prevent web spamming. You will eventually have to realize that you really cannot outsmart Google; so you might as well abide by the rules. Even professional SEO resellers in the Philippines will advise against not going by Google’s guidelines.
Now, there are some few white-hat link building tactics that you should keep in mind to make your site ranks better this 2014.
But before that, read first the link building activities that Google considered as link scheming.
- Purchasing or selling links which all pass on PageRank
- The use of automated programs in creating links to your website
- Make a link to a certain site for the purpose of getting linkbacks
- Creating link networking niche for the purpose of linking
- Conducting a large-scale article marketing campaign or guest posting using a keyword with an anchor text
- Buying ads or articles that include links which pass PageRank
- Distribution of Press releases with optimized anchor text
- Linking to web spammers or unrelated websites to manipulate PageRank
- Inserting keywords with anchor text and links that are inserted into articles with little coherence for the sole purpose of getting linkbacks
So, what are the safe strategies?
- Focus your efforts in building external links. Ensure that the quality and content of the linking page is high. Building external links for your website is important, this way, you can build quality inbound links with rich anchor text to the proper pages of your site, providing you with an unparalleled ranking boost!
- Create and build links that are relevant, which can result to a genuine interest from your readers to visit your website. Make sure that the links that you used, once a visitor click it – It will land on the right pages.
- Quality is more important than quantity. A few links from highly trusted/authority websites have more impact than thousands of manipulative links. Try to utilize a keyword research tool to have numerous keywords that are good to use and are relevant and popular to build quality links.
For some, they think that link building is dead, but as far as Google is concerned, it is only just getting started to be one of the most important SEO strategies that websites can use. If you need help making sure you’re doing legit strategies for your SEO, we’d be more than happy to help, even with your local SEO strategy here in our Philippines company.