The hiring of Virtual Assistants or VAs has become popular with businessmen managing small to medium enterprises. This is because they now have a choice that’s more cost-efficient than having to constantly hire a new employee.
A few reasons why many organizations choose to hire VAs over hiring a new employee is because VAs are either self-employed or under a different organization/company. That means they are considered “clients”, not employers, so they are not responsible for the payment of their VA’s health and insurance benefits.
Moreover, VAs do not need training from the clients since the company they belong to has already given them the training they need before they are ready to accept clients. Some organizations might also not have enough budget to hire a full-time employee, so hiring a VA is a choice that is both cheaper and better.
If you are new to the idea of hiring a VA, here are some of the tasks a VA can do for you to make your workload lighter:
- Taking telephone calls seem like a small and simple task that you can do yourself. However, when your phone is constantly ringing every second of every day you might find it hard to do other things. You can designate this task to your VA who can also keep note of important messages and who called, thus allowing you to manage your time a lot better.
- VAs can also do bookkeeping tasks for you, all you need to do is to provide them with access to some of your company’s accounts. You can be assured though that these VAs are strictly professional and it is in their company’s policy to keep information confidential according to the client’s wish. Trusting your VA with bookkeeping for your company means that you may also be constantly updated with any unpaid bills or outstanding invoices.
- You can also assign your VA some telemarketing duties for whatever product or services your company is selling.
- Most VAs specialize in researching online. As long as you provide them with clear instructions and necessary usernames and passwords for special research tools or paid websites, they can do a very accurate job.
- A VA can also help you manage your emails, almost the same way they manage your telephone calls. They can sort out all the spam emails from the important ones so by the time you check it, you will not be bothered by having to search through a messy, unsorted flood of emails.
Hiring a VA has helped many small to medium and even some big entrepreneurs have an easier time managing their businesses. VAs are a great help! Entrepreneurs can now focus more on duties that really require their attention. If you are a business-owner who is constantly bogged down by work, you might want to try hiring your own Virtual Assistant.